2011年10月26日水曜日

One Shot

The following article was written as an assignment for the Cyberspace and Society class.


Click photo to enlarge

This is my fourth digital storytelling assignment. This time I picked up one from the visual category. All I had to do was just choosing a photo, chopping it up, and rearranging it in a comic book style. I chose the photo that I took in the Sahara Desert in Morocco few years ago so that the viewer can also feel the peaceful atmosphere with the camels having a rest in the middle of the desert in the daytime.

One of the most difficult part in this assignment is to decide which photo to use. I had to choose a landscape shot with several interesting objects in it in order to break them into pieces later. (I couldn't use most of my photos since they have the main big object in the center of the photo.) After deciding which photo to use, I cut it into pieces using one of the simplest application software called Paint which is preinstalled in Windows. (It's still quite useful!) And again I used Picasa to make the collage of the pieces. You can rearrange the order of the photos again and again until you get satisfied. You can also retouch and adjust the brightness and tone of the photo as you like.

For reference, I'd like to show you the original photo of the collage.

Click photo to enlarge

Edited and retouched by Paint (preinstalled in Windows) and Picasa

For more detail of this assignment: One Shot

1 件のコメント:

  1. I still haven't played with Picassa. Judging by the results of your two latest assignments, I think it's time for me to check it out.

    As for your One Shot, it is a captivating image you've reassembled. There's so much I want to know. I do sense the peaceful attitude you described. It would be great to hear about how you wound up in the Sahara desert and what the experience meant to you.

    Who knows, maybe you'll tackle that in a future assignment.

    Whatever it is, I can't wait to see what you share with us next.

    返信削除